Sunday 11 February 2018


Scratch #2: Erasing "it" from existence ?

Yesterday I became an Access Consciousness Bars Practitioner having trained under the watchful eye of Ben Calder, at the Centre for Integrated Health, Shrewsbury, & it feels great ! 

So why did I do something I hadn't even heard of a month ago ?

Well having met Ben Calder* at the Centre for Integrated Health a few weeks ago, he started talking about the range of events & services that were run out of the centre. However, I was curious when he mentioned one event in particular, something entitled "Money is not the problem, you are" offered as an introduction to Access Consciousness (but more about them in a minute). So in the spirit of trying new things, I decided to go, listen & learn. 

It was a great evening with lots of two way interaction & comments as well as me offering a story about something that had happened to me recently. In order to illustrate a point, of my limitations being the problem......Ben  asked me more about this & the conversation ended with me being "dared" to do something & offer photographic proof. So having accepted the dare, a few days later, I wore a designer dress all day & during that time, I visited a local hotel to meet someone about grief recovery, into town to pick up some tape, my son's school & last but not least my local butchers; this is where the fun really started as I told them the story about the dare & asked them to be part of it, which not only made them laugh, but absolutely made them want to do it......so Grenville took a photo of myself & Jason which then got downloaded & forwarded to Ben....... 

What was the point of this exactly ?

Well it was to prove to me that I was initially talking myself out of buying an expensive dress that made me feel amazing, then having convinced myself I should have it, that I should keep it for best, which meant the possibility it would never see the light of day again. When questioned by Ben about how the dress made me feel, I replied that I felt amazing in it..... & so Ben then challenged me to think why I wouldn't I want to wear it & feel like that every day ? So that is where the "dare" started & he indeed proved his point......to the extent that a week later I put the dress on again for work & felt fabulous all day ! 

So having engaged initially, I was keen to know more about Access Consciousness & particularly something Ben had mentioned in his talk.....having his "Bars run", which was going to be the subject of another talk a week later. So I decided to go & experience it first hand; again not only was it fun, but it made me feel great......so why wouldn't I want to have more ? This is exactly what I did, but this time I enrolled on the course to learn how to do the Bars & now I am a certified practitioner. Yeah ! It was a great day which I shared with Ben, his lovely mum Anne & 7 other lovely ladies who were all fabulous.  

So what is it all about ? 

So for those of you who don't know what the Bars is yet.......

"the Bars are 32 points on the head where you have stored all your thoughts, ideas, beliefs, considerations, emotions and attitudes that you thought were important in any lifetime. When you have your Bars run, its like hitting the delete button on your computer" Access Consciousness ® 

Erase & Reset ?

My experience so far (bearing in mind it only happened yesterday) is that it felt amazing lying there & receiving, then gifting to another lady, so I am telling everyone I know about it. The Bars is something that everyone even children can learn to do & helps people to connect with one another as it is very much a "hands on" practice, so families can do it for each other. Whilst I will be encouraging my family to explore this & learn if they wish, my aim now is really to practice & have fun with my newly learnt skill. To me this isn't the end of something, it is only the start, making me more aware & seeing what else is possible. So I will end this post with a question which I find myself asking more & more....... 

"How does it get any better than this ?" 💗

Contact details for further information:
* Ben Calder: Integral Patterning & Kinesiology: http://bencalder.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo by  Kat J  on  Unsplash Top 10 tips for helping students with Grief and Loss  Grief can severely undermine mental health ...